Step 1: Read through the remainder of this page/guide
Step 2: Review the Spring Semester Schedule
All Times should be entered in HH:mm tt where tt is am/pm. As you are entering the time, make sure to include the space between mm and tt.
Simply type your name in the signature box in order to ‘sign’ the document.
If you must access on your phone, screen shots or photos of both sides of completed forms e-mailed to us will suffice. If you have difficulty completing the forms, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or give us a call at 660-785-4222.
If there is information you are unsure of how to include on the form, please include that in the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms may not work on all web browsers. If you are having difficulties, try a different browser. OR, download the form to your computer and open it with your pdf viewer (click here to download one popular option, adobe acrobat reader).
All request forms must be emailed between: Monday, November 16th (8 A.M.) – Thursday, November 19th (5 P.M.)
ROOM RESERVATION PROCESS
WE USE A LOTTERY SYSTEM to assign rooms according to size of group to ensure that all have an equal opportunity to receive an event space. Our priority system is as follows:
- Priority 1: Campus-wide events (such as Homecoming, Career Fairs, University Planning Day, Visit Days, Board of Governors Meetings, etc.)
- Priority 2: Student organization large one-time events and weekly meetings
- Priority 3: University departments and offices
- Priority 4: External Client Events (Banquets, workshops, meetings, etc.)
ALL POLICIES, CHARTS, AND FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE on our website for completion beginning Monday, November 16th
REQUEST FORMS & INFORMATION
Based on the information you provide on our form, we will assign a room that maximizes efficiency for all groups.
Please fill out the Spring 2021 lottery request form(s).
- If you are meeting every week or every other week— circle the dates you need. **If your group meets twice weekly (i.e. Tuesday’s and Thursday’s) please submit a separate form for each day, as we separate these in two categories, Main Meetings and Secondary Meetings. If you have a special event (such as a workshop or conference), which lasts more than one day (i.e., Friday & Saturday), please indicate those dates on one form. This will be considered a one-time special event. Your event will have a better chance of being drawn as a single event, and not as two one-time events.
- Submit your request(s) to the Union & Involvement Services Office via email between Monday, November 16th (8 A.M.) – Thursday, November 19th (5 P.M.)
- PLEASE NOTE: We cannot take requests for residence hall spaces at this time; spaces may be reserved no sooner than 2 week before an event. Additionally, we cannot take requests for publicity tables at this time.
- Not all buildings on campus have the same hours. If you are concerned your reservation may interfere with building hours or have questions, please contact our office for more information.
- The Student Union reserves the right to put your event in the best space in order to accommodate all needs.
- Study Space/tutoring requests guidelines are as follows: 1 day per week, in 1 room within 1 building for no more than a 2 hour period.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
The Union & Involvement staff will enter requests based on the usage policies and how events fit best in the building.
- Requests will be categorized by priority and size of group, then drawn at random and assigned to rooms with capacities matching the size of group.
- Any request received after November 19th at 5 PM will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Requests will be organized by the time in which they are received.
- All confirmations will be sent via email. We are aiming for January 6th, however, will communicate if that is not possible.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to submit fall requests via Virtual EMS until all lottery requests have been processed.
- Please read and review your confirmations carefully.