Step 1: Read through the remainder of this page/guide
Step 2: Review the Fall Semester Schedule
All Times should be entered in HH:mm tt where tt is am/pm. As you are entering the time, make sure to include the space between mm and tt.
Simply type your name in the signature box in order to ‘sign’ the document.
If you must access on your phone, screen shots or photos of both sides of completed forms e-mailed to us will suffice. If you have difficulty completing the forms, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 660-785-4222.
If there is information you are unsure of how to include on the form, please include that in the e-mail to email@example.com
Forms may not work on all web browsers. If you are having difficulties, try a different browser. OR, download the form to your computer and open it with your pdf viewer (click here to download one popular option, adobe acrobat reader).
All request forms must be emailed in between 8:00 am Monday, May 3rd through Thursday, May 6th at 3 PM. Requests
will not be accepted prior to 8 AM on the 3rd.
ROOM RESERVATION PROCESS
WE USE A LOTTERY SYSTEM to assign rooms according to size of group to ensure that all have an equal opportunity to receive an event space. Our priority system is as follows:
- Priority 1: Campus-wide events (such as Homecoming, Career Fairs, University Planning Day, Visit Days, Board of Governors Meetings, etc.)
- Priority 2: Student organization large one-time events and weekly meetings
- Priority 3: University departments and offices
- Priority 4: External Client Events (Banquets, workshops, meetings, etc.)
ALL POLICIES, CHARTS, AND FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE on our website for emailing beginning Monday, May
REQUEST FORMS & INFORMATION
Based on the information you provide on our form, we will assign a room that maximizes efficiency for all groups.
- Please fill out the Fall 2021 lottery request form(s).
- If you are meeting every week or every other week— circle/select the dates you need. **If your group meets twice
weekly (i.e. Tuesday’s and Thursday’s) please submit a separate form for each day, as we separate these in two
categories, Main Meetings and Secondary Meetings. If you have a special event (such as a workshop or conference),
which lasts more than one day (i.e., Friday & Saturday), please circle those dates on one form. This will be considered a
one-time special event. Your event will have a better chance of being drawn as a single event, and not as two one-time
- Submit your request(s) to the Union & Involvement Services Office from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday, May 3rd until
Thursday, May 6th at 3 PM. Early lottery requests will not be accepted.
- PLEASE NOTE: We do not take requests for residence hall spaces at this time; spaces may be reserved no sooner
than 2 week before an event. Additionally, we cannot take requests for publicity tables at this time. ∙ Not all buildings
on campus have the same hours. If you are concerned your reservation may interfere with building hours or have
questions, please contact our office for more information.
- U&I reserves the right to put your event in the best space in order to accommodate all needs.
- Study Space/tutoring requests guidelines are as follows: 1 day per week, in 1 room within 1 building for no more
than a 2 hour period.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- U&I staff will enter requests based on the usage policies and how events fit best in the building. Usage policies for
event spaces can be found at https://union.truman.edu/room-lottery/
- Requests will be categorized by priority and size of group, then drawn at random and assigned to rooms with capacities matching the size of group.
- Any request received after 3 PM on May 6th will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All confirmations will be sent via email. The goal will be to send by Friday, August 20th, 2021.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to submit fall requests via Virtual EMS until all requests received have been
- Please read and review your confirmations carefully.