Regular Building Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 7AM – 11PM
- Saturday: 8AM – 10:30PM
- Sunday: 12PM – 10:30PM
- Monday – Friday: 7 AM-5 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: Closed
The Student Union Building at Truman State University provides students, faculty, staff, and community members with an open, comfortable space to meet for events, meals, conferences, and many other opportunities. It houses many offices, as well as serves as the campus’s “living room”, where students can do homework or enjoy a coffee with friends.
The Mainstreet Market is home to many different dining options, and Einstein’s Bagels, which will open in January 2019, serves coffee and bagels. The spaces in the Student Union Building are versatile and can serve many purposes. Check out the rest of our site for more information on the services we provide, the spaces in the building, and the offices housed here.
Be sure to contact us with any questions via email at union.truman.edu. You can also reach the main desk at 660-785-4186. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Directions and Parking
- From Kansas City: Take Interstate 35 north to Highway 36. Follow 36 east to Macon, Mo. At Macon, take Highway 63 north into Kirksville. As you get into Kirksville, turn left at the first stoplight onto Franklin St. and arrive at the Student Union Building, which will be on your right.
- From St. Louis: Take Interstate 70 west to Columbia, Mo. At Columbia, take Highway 63 north into Kirksville. If traffic in Columbia is expected to be busy, you may also take Highway 61 north to Hannibal, Mo. At Hannibal, take Highway 36 west until Macon, Mo., where you will take Highway 63 north into Kirksville. As you get into Kirksville, turn left at the first stoplight onto Franklin St. and arrive at the Student Union Building, which will be on your right.
- From Chicago: Take Interstate 55 or 57 south or 39/51 south to Interstate 72. Follow 72 west and cross the Mississippi River to Missouri Interstate 36. At Macon, Mo., take Highway 63 north into Kirksville. Take the Kirksville exit and turn left at the first stoplight onto Franklin St. and arrive at the Student Union Building, which will be on your right.
- From Des Moines: Take Highway 163 out of Des Moines and continue onto US 63 into Kirksville. As you enter Kirksville, take Business 63/Baltimore Street. Continue to the intersection of Baltimore and Normal Street and turn right on Normal. Turn left on Franklin at the stoplight and the Student Union Building will be on your left.
Parking: Parking lots can be found north, south, and west of the Student Union Building. Signs at the entrance to each lot provide information on parking reservations. Visitor spaces can be found in the lot north of the SUB. Additional information on parking can be found here.